Whenever a Snapchat user enters the wrong login credentials on the app, an error occurs that says “Oops We Couldn’t Find Matching Credentials”. It generally occurs when Snapchat detects that someone suspicious is attempting to get into your account so it locks your account on a temporary basis.
It can also happen if your Snapchat cache is full/corrupted or if you are using an older version of the Snapchat app. Moreover, here are the following possible reasons why users face this error on Snapchat.
Why Snapchat Displays This Error?
Older Version of the App
If you are using an older version of the app, it is vulnerable to bugs that may attack it and create difficulties. So, you should install the updated version of any app to enjoy an error-free experience.
When Snapchat detects someone suspicious who may attempt to access your account, it locks the account and requests that you verify your user ID in order to regain it. In this scenario, you can reset your password and regain access to your account.
Full Cache Memory
When your app cache is full or corrupted, it will cause problems in processing app files. As a result, you will not be able to log in to your account.
App Glitches or Bugs
Glitches and bugs in the app can affect performance and cause various errors.
Unstable Internet Connection
When there is an unstable internet connection, Snapchat cannot recognize your log in credentials and then this error occurs. In this case, you should use a strong internet connection to avoid the issue.
How to Fix the “Oops We Couldn’t Find Matching Credentials” Error on Snapchat?
Method # 1: Reset Your Password
There is a chance that Snapchat has temporarily locked your account that’s why you are experiencing this error while opening the app. So, in order to fix this, you have to reset your password by using the following method:
- Open the Snapchat app and go to the signup/login page.
- Here, you will find many options such as Signup, login, or Use Other Account.
- Click on Use Other Account and you will be redirected to a new page.
- On this page, you will see the username and password fields but you have to click on the “Forgot Password” option below them.
- After that, you can reset your password by using your email or phone number.
- Select the option of “via phone” or “via email” to proceed.
- If you have selected via email, you have to provide your registered email address.
- Now, you will receive a password reset link in your email inbox.
- You can easily reset your password by clicking on that password reset link.
- After setting a new password for your Snapchat account, you can log in to your account and the error will not appear again.
However, if your account has been permanently blocked, you can get it back through other unlocking methods.
Method # 2: Login Using Another Device
You can also try logging in through another device. Many people claim that logging in from different devices can solve the “matching credentials error” on Snapchat. If you succeed in logging in from any other device but can’t log in through your original device, it means that there is a glitch in your device that is causing this issue.
Method # 3: Restart Your Device
Turning off your device is the best thing you can try to do in order to remove this error message. when you restart your device, it releases the RAM, temporarily increasing the amount of storage available. Restarting a device can effectively fix any momentary problems that are producing bugs in the app and guarantee a flawless setup.
Method # 4: Disable Your VPN
You can temporarily turn off any VPN or proxy servers you are using to fix this error. After turning off your VPN, you can check whether you can access your Snapchat account without any issues.
Method # 5: Clear Cache
When bugs and malfunctions in the app occur, the app’s cache may get damaged or filled, which might result in an error message. When this occurs, Snapchat’s users are unable to access their accounts and the app stops responding to them. In this case, you should clear the App cache before checking to see if the error has been repaired.
The app will restart if you decide to clear the app’s cache, which will also remove all temporary files kept in its directory. The bugs will also be removed and you will be able to use the app without any problem. Follow the simple procedure given below to clear the cache of your Snapchat app:
- Open the settings section of your smartphone.
- Then, click on “Apps and Notifications” and select the option of Apps.
- In the apps section, scrolling down will bring you to the Snapchat app. Tap on Snapchat and select Storage from the drop-down menu.
- After that, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
- Now, log in to your Snapchat account and use the app without any problem.
The error saying “Oops We Couldn’t Find Matching Credentials” on Snapchat occurs due to the detection of any suspicious activity, older version of the app, full cache memory, or slow internet connection. You can fix this error by restarting your device, clearing the cache of the app, using a strong internet connection, or resetting the password of your Snapchat account.
What is meant by “Oops We could not find matching credentials” on Snapchat?
It is an error message related to the login process on Snapchat. If your account is locked due to any suspicious activity, you will see this error while logging in to your account.
How to Fix “Oops We could not find matching credentials” on Snapchat?
You can fix this error by changing your Snapchat password or by contacting the Snapchat Support Center.