If you have lost your smartphone and wondering if you can find your phone back, I have got you covered. In this digital age, you don’t have to be a tech expert in order to find your lost device. Now, there are plenty of ways to find a lost Android or iOS device. In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on How to Find my Device as Guest?
Android Device Manager and Apple Find my Phone features are designed to find your lost Android and iOS devices respectively. You can easily find, and lock your Android devices using the Google Find My Device app. Through this feature, you can also enable the guest mode for others to log in and find their devices. Moreover, You can always find your iPhone using Apple’s Find My Phone feature. It basically places a pin on a map indicating the most recent location of your phone.
How to Use Android Device Manager to Find my Device?
Any Android device, including phones, tablets, and even Android TV boxes (if you have lost one), can be precisely located using Android’s own Find My Device system. It will display the device’s precise location on an interactive map and you can use its tools to remotely ring, lock, or wipe the device.
What Is Required To Find A Lost Android Phone?
Although the Find My Device feature is already activated on the majority of Android devices by default, there are a few crucial settings that need to be checked to make sure everything is connected. You have to make sure the switch at the top of the screen in the “Location” section of the system settings on your Android device is turned on. Moreover, you should make sure that your device is connected to the internet and your Google account is logged in on that device.
How to Find a Lost Android Device?
- Open a new browser tab to get started, then visit https://www.google.com/android/find/ and sign in with your Google account.
- You can also use the Google Find my Device mobile app for this purpose. You should log in to the app “as a guest” or use the same google account which is logged into your lost account.
- If your Google account is logged into various devices, you should carefully select the exact device that is lost.
- The Find My Device service will make an effort to locate your tablet, smartwatch, or smartphone.
- Then, Google will provide its location information if location services are enabled on your device.
- You will see a map with a pin placed at the device’s location if it is functioning currently.
- Once Find My Device is operational, you can choose from three options i.e Play sound, Secure the device, and Remove the device.
- However, if the device you are searching for is currently switched off, you will see its last location on the map.
How to Use the Guest Mode on Android?
Guest Mode is a useful native feature on Android. Every time you allow another person to use your phone, you can turn it on to restrict their access. The default apps on your phone will be accessible to them, but they won’t be able to access any of your data because your accounts won’t be logged in. so, you don’t have to be concerned about the privacy of your personal information while giving your phone to anyone.
You can enable the guest mode on your Android device in the following manner:
- Swipe down on your screen to see the notifications and tap on your Accounts or Avatar.
- Then, select the Guest Mode and you will be using your device as a guest.
- Now, you can give your phone to any other person for using or finding their device.
When they have found their device, you can take your phone and switch back your accounts by using the same procedure discussed above.
How to Find a Lost iOS Device?
Apple’s Find My app is a very helpful (and reassuring) feature that enables you to track down a lost (or stolen) phone so you can either retrieve it or, if it’s safer, report it to the police.
Here’s how to get started if you are new to the iPhone or have never used the Find My app:
- Open your phone settings, click on your name, and select “Find My”.
- If you are searching for your iPhone, select the “Find My iPhone” option.
- Now, you can find your iPhone by using this feature even if your lost phone has been turned off.
- After that, you will be able to view the live or last location of your device on a map.
If your mobile phone device has been lost or stolen, you should not freak out because if your phone’s location services are turned on and it is connected to the internet, it can be found easily. No matter if you are using an iPhone or an Android device, you should know how to use its most useful features to track your device at any time. For Android users, there is a feature of “Find My Device” that can help you in finding your device without any hassle. Moreover, users of iOS devices can make use of the “Find My” feature available in all iOS devices to keep track of all their Apple devices with a single touch.
Can you find someone else’s phone using Find My Device?
Yes, you can find someone else’s phone by signing into the Find My Device app as a guest.
Is it possible to find my device if it is switched off?
Yes, you can find the last location of your lost device even if it is switched off. For this purpose, you have to use the Find My Device app on Android devices and the “Find My” feature on iOS devices.
Can I track a phone using Gmail?
The Find My Device feature will be automatically turned on if you’ve added a Gmail account to your phone. So, your Gmail account already has the most recent location of your device.