Facebook Messenger is not just limited to sending and receiving text messages but you can instantly use it to send your pictures and videos directly from the camera or the camera roll. However, some of the users are facing various issues while sending videos through the Messenger app. If you are also wondering “Why Can’t I Send Videos on Messenger”, then you should not worry anymore because you can easily fix it with some easy and effective techniques.
Even though there are other messaging apps available, such as Signal, Telegram, and WhatsApp, many people still prefer using Messenger to keep in touch with their friends and family. Even though Facebook has put a lot of thought into Messenger, there are still questions about how reliable it is. Users often complain about why they are unable to send messages, photos, and videos on Messenger. However, the reasons and methods to fix the Messenger videos issue are quite similar to the Messenger Photos Not Sending issue. If you have this problem often, keep reading to find out how to fix this problem.
Why Can’t I Send Videos on Messenger?
There are the following possible reasons why you are unable to send videos on Facebook Messenger:
- Large Video Size – On the Facebook Messenger app, you cannot send videos larger than 25 MB size. Facebook Messenger will compress the image or display a warning message if you try to send a video or photo larger than 25 MB size.
- No Internet – The most frequent reason for “videos not sending” on the Messenger app is a poor internet connection. Either your wireless network or your cellular service provider is having issues. If you can’t upload the videos, you might be out of internet data or the Wifi signals are too weak.
- Old Version of App – If you are using an outdated app version that is not compatible with your device, this may result in issues with Messenger videos and many other issues with the app, such as Facebook Messenger Word Effects Not Showing in the chats.
- Full Internal Storage – It’s also possible that your device’s storage is full or that its cache memory has reached its limit. Because of this, Facebook can’t take in any new information. The Facebook Messenger Notification problem can also be caused by a device’s full internal storage or cache. You can fix this and other similar problems by clearing your device’s internal storage and cache.
- You are Blocked – If there is a blank circle beside the video you sent, which means it wasn’t sent, that means the person you sent it to has limited or blocked you on Fb. Also, it is possible that the person you sent the video to has deactivated their account.
How to Fix the “Messenger Unable to Send Videos” Issue?
Method # 1: Reduce Video Size
The Facebook Messenger app now only allows its users to send files that are smaller than 25 megabytes in size. This change was made in order to halt users from sending huge files through the Facebook Messenger app. Although Facebook Messenger automatically compresses large video files if any user tries to send them in a chat, some videos cannot be sent anyway. In order to send these large videos, you have to reduce their size manually to 25 MB by using any online tool or software. Numerous online tools that can shrink any image without compromising sacrificing quality are readily available on the internet.
Method # 2: Configure Internet Settings
To be able to send videos through the Facebook Messenger app on your mobile device, your device must be connected to the internet. Therefore, you should make sure that your phone is connected to a Wifi network or a mobile data connection. In addition to this, you should also turn off the Data Saver from your device by using the following process given below:
- First of all, open the Messenger app and go to your Profile.
- Choose Data Saver from the drop-down menu, and then disable it using the options that appear (as shown in the picture below).
Method # 3: Allow Background Data
It’s not a good idea to quit Messenger right after sending a video to a friend. Messenger’s background video may stop working if you’re using iOS. Older iPhones with 1GB or 2GB of RAM are particularly vulnerable. While sending a video, you should always keep the app alive or allow the Messenger app to run in the background. Follow these instructions to allow background data for the Messenger app.
- Click and hold down the Messenger app to see more configuration options.
- Then, click the “info” button to view further information regarding the application.
- Now, tap the options for Wi-Fi or mobile data that are located there.
- After that, Verify that the toggles for “Unrestricted data usage” and “Background data” are both activated on your gadget.
Method # 4: Update The App
It is possible that an old version of the Messenger app is preventing you from sending videos to your friends. It is recommended that you update your Messenger app to the most recent version in order to take advantage of all of the features that it has to offer. You can easily update the app by going to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store on your device, depending on whether it is an Android or an iOS device.
Method # 5: Clear Cache and App Data
If you are using Facebook Messenger for an extended period of time, a large number of caches have accumulated on your device, and you should clear them. You can easily delete all Messenger-related data and cache from your device by following the instructions provided below.
- Open the Settings of your device and select “Apps Management”.
- Then, look there for Messenger and click on it.
- Now, select the “Storage and Cache” menu option by clicking on it.
- Simply clicking the “Clear Cache” button within the Messenger app will cause all temporary files to be removed.
Method # 6: Check If Servers Are Down
If Facebook’s servers are down, you will not be send or receive media through the Messenger app. You can check it by visiting the official site of Downdetector or by asking your friends. Facebook needs to fix this issue from their end before you can move on. Once Facebook’s servers are up and running, you’ll have no trouble sending and receiving media files through Messenger.
Method # 7: Reinstall The App
If you have tried updating the app but videos sent through Messenger are still not working then you must delete the app and install it again. However, you should give a gap of at least three minutes before installing the app again on your device.
Android users can uninstall Messenger by tapping and holding the app’s icon, which will bring up the uninstall menu. Then, they can simply drag the app’s icon to the trash can. However, if you’re using an iPhone, you can delete Messenger by tapping and holding on to it until a menu appears, then choosing “Delete App” from the options. After that, you can install the app again on your device and you will never find any issues while sending videos on the app.