Instagram is currently one of the most widely used social media platforms. It gives us the opportunity to communicate in exciting new ways, from facilitating the sharing of minute details of daily life to the reuniting of long-lost friends. However, it can be annoying when you can’t always view the comments on your posts or the posts created by others. If you are also facing this issue and wondering “Why Can’t I See Comments on Instagram?”, the possible causes and solutions are outlined below.
At this time, it is not clear whether the absence of comment sections is a bug or a feature that was intentionally added. Instagram has been frequently reevaluating its objectives, most recently shifting its focus to video content and increasing its emphasis on suggested posts and advertisements. However, this issue is also faced by users of other social media platforms such as TikTok which indicates that this is more of a technical issue rather than a recent feature.
Why Can’t I See Comments on Instagram?
- No Internet Access – If you are unable to view comments on Instagram, it may be due to a slow internet connection on your end. If you have a slow internet connection, you may not be able to make full use of apps like Instagram and Facebook, which can be frustrating as the real-time comments won’t be visible on any post.
- Restricted Comments – If someone has blocked users from leaving comments on a specific post, you won’t be able to see any under their post.
- No comments Available – It is also possible that there aren’t any comments available on the post yet. So, in this case, you have to wait until someone leaves a comment or, alternatively, try leaving one yourself to see if it works.
- Servers Are Down – If Instagram servers are currently down, you will not be able to use the app until the issue is resolved from Instagram’s end. In this situation, the Instagram Feed or comments will not load.
- Technical Glitches – There can be a glitch in the app or the cache memory of your device may be full due to which the Instagram comments feature is not working currently on your app.
How to Fix Instagram Comments Issue?
Method # 1: Check the Internet Connection
An unstable internet connection is one of the most common causes of Instagram comments not loading, and it is also one of the most frustrating. Therefore, the first thing to do is check and make sure that you have a reliable internet connection. To determine whether a problem with the Instagram app is caused by your connection, try switching between using mobile data and Wi-Fi.
Method # 2: Restart The App
It’s possible that your comment has been published already, but you’re unable to see it. Because of this, it’s possible that you won’t notice it until you force the Instagram app to restart. In addition, a bug in the app can also make Instagram slow and prevent it from loading the comments on any post. So, follow the simple steps given below to restart the app:
- First of all, you have to close the Instagram app by clearing it from your list of Recently Used Apps or from the App Switcher.
- Then, you have to open the app again on your device to see if the problem is fixed.
Method # 3: Check Servers of Instagram
You may also be unable to view comments because of a temporary Instagram server outage. Therefore, comments and other app features like Feed refresh may be unavailable if the servers available in your region are down. Here’s where you can go to see the status of servers:
- Launch your internet browser.
- Then, search for the “Downdetecter” tool’s official website.
- Now, look for Instagram servers if they are actually down or not.
- If the servers are down, you have to wait until the problem is fixed.
Method # 4: Restart Your Device
Restarting a device can solve a large number of issues such as app glitches, malfunctions, etc. So, if the comments loading issue is still not resolved from your app, you should power off your device and start it again. This will fix numerous technical issues from your device including and hopefully, you will be able to see comments on Instagram after that.
Method # 5: Clear Cache Files
The following step that you have to take is to delete all of the cached files that are located in Instagram’s directory. Instagram uses “cache files,” which are temporary files saved in Instagram’s directory to speed up the loading of the app when the same action is performed again. Sometimes you have to all the cache files from the app in order to remove any bug from the app or free up internal space.
You can clear the cache of the Instagram app by using the following simple method:
- Open the settings on your device.
- Then, go to Apps and search for “Instagram”.
- Open Instagram from the Apps, and select “Storage and Cache”.
- After that, click on Clear Cache to clean the cache memory of the Instagram app.
Method # 6: Update The App
While using the older version of any app, you are unable to access the latest features and are more vulnerable to plenty of bugs in the app. So, you should keep checking the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for recent app updates and update all of your apps to avoid any app-related technical issues. Updating the Instagram app can greatly help you in resolving the comments loading issue and other issues as well.
Method # 7: Reinstall The App
If you are still unable to see comments on the Instagram app, you should uninstall the app from your device and install it again after a few minutes. Reinstalling the Instagram app will eliminate each and every issue from the app and you will be able to use all features of Instagram again without any hassle.