Imagine, if the Tinder app notifies you that you have a new message, and you immediately open it. However, you are unable to find the message because it has vanished from the app. A large number of Tinder users have reported the same issue and they are searching for ways to fix the problem of Tinder Messages Not Showing up.
There are a large number of reasons why you are facing this problem on the Tinder app. It is very similar to the issues with Facebook Messenger Notifications and Twitter Notifications that users frequently encounter on these social media platforms. However, I will brief you about all the possible reasons why this issue can occur and how can you fix it on a permanent basis.
Why Are The Tinder Messages Not Showing up?
These are the following possible reasons which can be responsible for the Tinder Messages Error on your app:
- Recipient Unmatched You – When a Tinder user unmatches you or removes you from their match queue, any messages they sent to you will be permanently deleted.
- Recipient Account Deleted – The user may have messaged you, then deleted their profile shortly afterward, which is why you are unable to see their messages. It is a normal practice for Tinder users to delete their profile after being active for some days.
- There is a Bug in the App – Tinder, the popular mobile dating app, is incredibly complex from a technical point of view. Tinder is constantly retrieving profiles, locating nearby users, and facilitating communication. That’s why it is common for the Tinder app to encounter glitches that can cause disruption in the features of the app.
- Old Version of App – It is possible that you’re using an older version of the Tinder app, which might be incompatible with the device you have. This can cause Tinder Messages issues and various other problems in the app like Tinder Not Showing Matches for you.
- Internet Problem – Tinder’s messaging feature can become frustratingly slow if the user does not have a reliable Internet connection. It is also a chance that you are experiencing problems with your network, which is resulting in the application’s failure to function properly.
- Banned Account – It’s possible that your account was terminated because of inappropriate behavior and continuous violations of Tinder community guidelines. In this case, you will not be able to receive and send messages on Tinder.
How to Fix The “Tinder Messages Not Showing up” Issue?
Method # 1: Check Your Internet Connection
First of all, make sure that your device is connected to a strong internet connection. Tinder messages may not load if the user has a slow internet connection or if it is unstable. To determine whether or not your network is responsible for the issue, you can measure its speed by running a test on Fast.com. If the test reveals that the issue lies within your network, perform a reset on your router by temporarily disconnecting it from the source of its power for five to ten seconds.
Method # 2: Check if Tinder is Down
If Tinder’s servers are experiencing technical difficulties and you are unable to view messages on the app, you cannot do anything except wait because the issue lies with the servers of the Tinder app. In this case, the Tinder app will not work on any device and you can confirm it by asking your friends. In addition, you can also check if Tinder is down by going to the Down Detector website.
Method # 3: Force Stop and Restart TinderApp
When the application is closed, any errors that it may have previously run into are cleared away. So, you can fix any issue with the app by closing it completely and then launching it again in order to retrieve your messages. You can “force stop” your app by using the following method given below:
For iOS Devices
Tap on the Home button twice to access the home screen and then swipe up to close the Tinder application.
For Android Devices
Open the Settings of your device, go to Apps, select Tinder, and then click on Force Stop to close the app.
Method # 4: Restart The Device
The issue could be with your Android or iOS device. You should switch your smartphone back on and off in order to reset any software issues that are currently occurring on your phone. Check to see if you can still view your messages once your phone has been turned back on.
Simply pressing and holding the power button, which is located on the right side of the iPhone, for approximately three seconds will force the device to restart. However, to turn off an Android device, simply hold down the power button and select the option to turn off the device from the menu that appears.
Method # 5: Enable The Location Services
It is possible that if you don’t enable the GPS feature or location on your Android or iPhone app, it won’t work very well. The Tinder app also demands that you use your location in order to find potential dates and, most likely, to display conversations and messages. You can turn on the location services on your mobile by using the simple procedure given below:
- Go to Settings of the device and click on Location.
- Then, choose Location Access and turn it on.
- Go to Settings and click on Privacy.
- Then, choose Location and Turn it on.
Method # 6: Update The App
If you are using an outdated version, you should update it without any delay to solve the “Tinder Messages Issue”. If you are using an Android device, go to the Google Play Store, search for “Tinder” and click on the Update button.
However, in the case of iOS devices, go to the Apple App Store, search for “Tinder” and tap on the Update button to get the latest version of the app.
Method # 7: Reinstall The Tinder App
If you are still unable to view messages on Tinder, I recommend reinstalling the application on your device as a final option. If you want to uninstall the Tinder app from an iOS device, you have to click and hold the app and choose the option of “X” in order to delete it. However, on an Android device, click and hold the Tinder app icon and choose the “Uninstall” option to delete it.
After you have removed the application from your device, you will need to wait for a while before proceeding to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store in order to reinstall the application on your Android or iOS device.
Method # 8: Contact Tinder Support
If the issue still persists, it means there is something wrong with your Tinder account. In this case, you can get in touch with Tinder’s support team for assistance. On this page, you can submit your request related to the problem you are facing with the Tinder app. The Tinder Support representatives will provide you with additional information about the issue and assist you in troubleshooting all technical problems that your account has.