It’s possible that your eyes will start to itch after staring at a screen for an extended period of time. In order to solve this problem, a number of app developers and tech experts incorporated a dark theme option. In this article, we will concentrate on How to Turn on Dark Mode on Youtube.
YouTube Dark Mode is becoming increasingly popular, so users are eager to learn more about it. The option to change the app’s or website’s background colour from the default white to dark black has its benefits, especially when watching videos on YouTube.
Dark Mode has been available on YouTube for several years, having first appeared on a desktop version in 2017, iOS devices in March 2018, and Android devices in July 2018. And for good reason, it seems to be here to stay. Not only is it easier on the eyes, but it also enhances the colours of videos/photos in a dim environment. It results in a more delightful experience while you’re watching videos on YouTube.
Now that you understand the significance of YouTube’s dark mode, it’s time to find out how to activate it. The good news is that you can access this function on YouTube on your computer, iOS device, or Android device.
How to Enable Youtube Dark Mode on Computer?
If you use YouTube on a computer, you have the option of switching to dark mode using the site’s settings or by installing an extension.
- First of all, sign in to your Youtube account through the Youtube website.
- If you are already logged into YouTube, you can access your profile by clicking the profile icon on the upper right side of the main page.
- Then, choose Appearance from the options and tap on Device theme.
- You will be presented with a drop-down menu with three different choices when you select Appearance > Device theme. To use the dark theme, select the option that appears in the middle of the menu.
- When you choose a dark theme, YouTube will automatically reload and start over with a black background.
- In each case, YouTube adapts its interface based on the style of the user’s device. Because of this, the black theme you have chosen will only be active on this device and will not appear in your Google settings.
How to Enable Youtube Dark Mode on iOS Device?
YouTube’s dark mode was introduced to iOS devices a few months before its Android version. Here’s all you need to do to switch to YouTube’s night mode on your iOS device:
- Open the app on your iOS phone or other devices.
- Then tap the profile symbol that is located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, open Settings and select the option of “Enable Dark Theme”.
- After that, your Youtube background will change to a dark black color.
How to Enable Youtube Dark Mode on Android Device?
The procedure is a little bit different for Android-based smartphones. There are bound to be some distinctions between the operating systems of older versions and recent versions.
- First of all, open the Youtube app on your device.
- Tap the image of your profile that is located in the upper right corner.
- Now go to the menu and select Settings.
- Choose the General option by tapping on it.
- After that, tap the Appearance button located within the General panel.
- Next, turn on the dark theme by toggling the switch.
Is it possible for me to select my own colour scheme on YouTube?
Both yes and no When it comes to watching videos on YouTube, everything is determined by the type of device that is being used. You will not be able to make any changes if you access it from a mobile device, regardless of whether it is an Android or an iOS device. The reason for this is that the user interface of mobile applications does not permit any additional add-ons to alter it in any way.
On the other hand, things operate somewhat differently when you browse YouTube on your personal computer. Because you are accessing YouTube through a web browser, the user interface of the website can have its color scheme customized in a number of different ways. Naturally, this will change depending on the web browser that you make use of.
You can activate Dark Mode on YouTube by navigating to the Settings section of your user account on YouTube. The procedure is roughly the same but varies very little depending on the device being used, such as a computer, an iOS device, or an Android device. While using any electronic device at night, this feature can protect your eyes from the potentially irritating white light. After reading this post, you should now be totally familiar with how to activate the Dark Mode on any device that you use to access YouTube.