TikTok is a social media platform that was made specifically for the modern world. It made not only the process of consuming content simple and enjoyable but also the process of producing content quite friendly and approachable. In spite of this, it has not made an activity log available for its users to view. That’s why plenty of users are curious about how to find your comments on TikTok.
There is currently no built-in functionality within TikTok for searching comment threads. So, if you want to view your previous comments, what would you do? Don’t worry I have found the tried and tested methods for viewing TikTok comments in a convenient and simple manner.
How to Find Your Comments on TikTok?
Method # 1: View Comments History
The “Comment History” section of a user’s TikTok profile displays all of the videos on which the user has left a comment. This tutorial given below will walk you through how to access and view your Comment History:
- First of all, open your TikTok Profile and go to the Settings and Privacy tab by tapping on three straight lines as shown in the image below.
- Then, go to “Content & Display” and select “Comment and watch history.”
- Now, click on “Comment history.”
- After that, you will be able to view the complete history of comments you have made on all videos.
Method # 2: View All Activity
The notification that someone has liked or replied to your comment can be found in the “all activity” section. You can then go back to your earlier TikTok video comment in this manner. However, that depends on “if someone reacts”.
Your comment will be linked to the most recent activity that section has received, as shown in the picture below:
If you tap on the inbox icon, you will be able to view all activities; sometimes you will find a notification that someone has liked or replied to one of your comments. Simply clicking the notification will take you to the video where your comment was posted.
Method # 3: Via Liked Videos
If you have posted a comment on a TikTok video, there is a good chance that you have also given the video a thumbs-up. So, you can find these videos by going to the section of liked videos on the app.
- Launch the TikTok app and select your Profile.
- You will notice that there are four sections on your profile page; to access the privacy settings, tap on the fourth one and click on the icon that resembles a question mark inside a heart. It indicates that only you can view the videos you have liked.
- When you open up the liked videos section of TikTok, you will be able to view all of the videos that you have previously liked on the platform.
- From there, you can double-check each video that you believe you have previously commented on in the past.
Method # 4: View Favorites Section
There’s a good chance you have left a comment on your favorite video if you have saved it to watch later. You can also access your TikTok comments by viewing your favorite TikTok videos.
- Launch the TikTok app and choose your Profile.
- You will notice that there are four sections on your profile page; you have to click on the third one (the bookmarks section).
- It also displays the privacy symbol, which indicates that only you can view the videos that you have saved, and you are unable to change this setting.
- Here, you will find all videos that you have marked as favorites on the platform.
Method # 5: Download Your App Data
The simplest way to see every comment you have ever made on TikTok is to make a request for a copy of your app data. However, it takes a few days but you will receive a complete set with your data once the process is completed.
This data includes each and every comment you have ever posted on TikTok with its date. Unfortunately, this data does not include the videos on which you have posted these comments. You get the full text of the comment and the exact time it was posted, but nothing about the video itself.
Although it is not the ideal solution, it is still worthwhile to use because, even if the video has been taken down or deleted, you will still receive a complete list of the comments you have made.
Follow these steps to download a copy of your data from the TikTok app:
- Launch the TikTok app, then go to your profile.
- Then, tap the icon that looks like three straight lines, which is located in the center of the screen.
- To access Account settings, tap on “Settings and privacy”.
- Now, tap on the “Download your data” option that is located in the “Account” section of the menu.
- Open the “Select file format” menu, choose TXT, and then click the “Request data” option from the rear side of the page.
- After waiting a few days, you can download all of your TikTok data and comments history from the “Download data” section of this page.
How to Keep Track of Your Comments on TikTok?
- Give a like on every video you comment on.
- Keep checking notifications for viewing the videos on which you have recently commented.
- Whenever you leave a comment, make sure to take a screenshot.
- Keep visiting your all activity section.
- Keep a copy of your downloaded data from TikTok.