Hinge is more than a dating app for some people. The paid and free versions each have special tools to help you find your soul mate. As far as user privacy is concerned, Hinge ensures your security and privacy in the same way as other dating apps. It’s up to you to decide if you want to stay in touch with someone or block them. Many Hinge users are searching for the answer to “Can You Block Someone on Hinge” so let’s find its answer in detail.
The quick answer is “Yes” as you can easily block anyone on Hinge when you feel like you don’t need that person anymore. However, on this platform, you will find three options similar to the blocking feature of other dating apps. If you want to block someone after being matched, you can choose the “Remove” option, if you want to block someone without being matched, you can select the “Block” option and if someone is harassing you on the platform, you can simply Report it.
What do You Mean by “Remove” on the Hinge app?
If you and another user have “matched,” it’s because you both like each other and share interests based on the information you shared about yourself and the pictures you uploaded. But that doesn’t mean the two of you are a perfect fit for one another. If you decide your match isn’t a good fit, you can “Remove” them and end any further interactions.
Follow these steps if you want to unmatch someone on Hinge:
- Open the Hinge app and go to the Matches.
- Then, tap on the profile of any person you want to Remove.
- Select the “More” button (three dots) in the upper right corner to open a menu with additional customization options.
- Now, simply click on Unmatch and the person will be removed from your matches.
You should keep in mind that you will not be able to rematch with anyone. The process of unmatching someone is similar to blocking them on Hinge. After you have unmatched someone, that person will no longer be able to view your profile.
How to Block Someone on Hinge?
If you want to prevent a contact from interacting with you on Hinge, you can block them by following these steps:
- First of all, open the Hinge app on your device and open the Discovery section.
- Choose the “H” button located on the far left side of your screen.
- In the discovery/H section, you have to look for the profile you want to block on Hinge.
- After that, click the ellipsis (…) in the upper right side of the screen, then select Block.
How to Report Someone on Hinge?
- Open the profile of any user you want to report.
- Click the ellipses (…) in the top right side of a member’s profile, then press “Report.”
- The next step is to select a cause for filing a report on this user. Choose from “Inappropriate Profile,” “Inappropriate Messages,” “Fake Profile,” and others.
How Can I Set My Preferences on Hinge?
Everyone has different qualities that they look for in a soulmate or partner. You have the ability to set preferences on Hinge to prevent the app from matching you with certain persons who do not catch your eye. On Hinge, you are able to disable the option that allows you to match with a particular group of people. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the app and go to the “Swipe Queue”.
- From the upper corner select the option and choose the desired “Gender” for matches.
- Choose “Age Restriction” next. You may choose an age range between 18 and 35. In this way, you can be sure that only those within a certain age range can engage with your profile.
- If someone from a restricted age group tries to interact with you through messages, Hinge will automatically stop that person from doing so.
- You can also set your preferences on the basis of ethnicity and religion on Hinge without any problem.
Is it Possible to Rematch on Hinge?
Despite matching with someone, you later had second thoughts. It occurs. You can take someone out of your matches on Hinge due to its helpful features. However, you should think twice before unmatching someone on this platform because after unmatching them, you will not be able to interact with them anymore.
Can You Block Someone on Hinge? Yes, of course, you can. If your profile matched with someone and you didn’t like the person after talking for a while, you can easily remove him/her from your matches. That person will never be able to see your profile on Hinge after being removed from your matches. However, if you want to prevent your ex or anyone else from being matched with you on Hinge, you can simply select their profile and block them even before any match.